Rainbow Fern Hi

Hello and welcome! Today I have another rainbow-inspired slimline card. The star of the show on this slimline card is the Fern Square die from Simon Says Stamp.

I had so much fun creating the Leafy Rainbow slimline card that I searched my stash for another “sleeper die.” I found another square die from Simon Says Stamp called Fern Square. Since this was the same size as the other Leafy Square, I decided to cut them from Concord & 9th cardstock in rainbow colors and then nested them together. I also decided to turn the square on a corner so the fern looks like it is growing upwards.

While the rainbow ferns were drying, I dressed up the inside of the card. I love seeing the inside of cards dressed up and I tend to forget this; but not this time! I used a leaf border stamp from the Leafy Frames set and a sentiment from Just Miss You set; both from Simon Says Stamp. The border leaf stamp does not stretch across a slimline so I started in the center then shifted the stamp to either side to complete the border.

Now, it’s time to assemble the card front. I die cut the “hi” from the Lawn Fawn’s Outside In Stitched Speech Bubble set 3 times and glued them together for a stacked look. Next, I die cut a scalloped edge mat and adhered the nested fern rainbow and the the “hi” to it. Finally, I added some foam tape to the scalloped mat and adhered it to the slimline base. To finish off the card, I scattered sequins and gems in matching colors for a little extra sparkle.


This rainbow fern card was a lot of fun to create! I might like this one more than the other leafy rainbow card. What do think? Please leave a comment and let me know!


I hope you are inspired to create with a “sleeper” item in your stash! Please tag me if you share your inspired project on Instagram: @unifantasy07.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

Simon Says Stamp: Fern Square die, Leafy Frames, Just Miss You

Lawn Fawn: Outside In Stitched Speech Bubble

Concord & 9th: Various color cardstock

Studio Katia: Various color gems and flower sequins

Trinity Stamps: Slimline Scalloped die

Comments

  1. Another great rainbow die cut card! I love this style so much! The black background just takes it to another level :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check the simonsayschallenge account on Instagram! You won their September challenge! Need your email address. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Time Fun

Shaker Fun With Alcohol Inks