Summer Time Fun

Hello!! I am so happy you stopped by to see how this card came together. It truly is a simple design using masking and Copic coloring.

The scene for this card is inspired by the Mama Elephant me-challenge Discord prompt: “Summer Time!” Summer reminds me of lots of camping trips when I was little. So, I created a simple forest scene using three Mama Elephant sets: Winter Fox, Dandelion Wishes, and Sunday Sentiments.


I first stamped the red panda and the foxes then masked them off to add some trees to complete the scene. I then masked the trees and used a stencil to ink blend a sunset sky and ground. After the ink blending, I used my Copic markers to color in all the images. I really love the blending of the colors for the foxes! I am still learning about to use my Copics and found the blend easily on Bristol Smooth card so, my go to is Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock.



Lastly, I heat embossed the “Thank you” sentiment across the bottom, being sure to mask off the ends to keep the white border around the scene. I then matted the panel with a black card and placed it on a yellow card panel.


I added the fun scene on the inside of the card with simple black ink. I used a supporting sentiment from the Sunday Sentiments to complete the inside of the card.



What comes to your mind when you think about summer? I would love to hear your thought; please leave a comment below.


Thank you so much for stopping by! I've created a list of the products I used to create this card below. I hope you you have been inspired to create a simple-almost-one-layer card. If so, please tag me on Instagram, @unifantasy07, so I may enjoy your creations, too.


Hope you have a wonderful day!


Happy crafting,

~ Kathren-Ann


List of products used:

Mama Elephant Sets: Winter Fox, Dandelion Wishes, and Sunday Sentiments

Distress Inks: Kitsch Flamingo, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness

Various Copic Markers

Taylored Expressions: Masking Stencil Rectangles

My Favorite Things: Grassy Edges Stencil

Gina K. Designs: Master Layouts 1

Strthmore Bristol Smooth Card

Simon Says Stamp Lemon Chiffon Card

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post! It looks great! I'm working on developing my own blog. It's a lot of work, but it's slowly coming together...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Witches, Pumpkins, and Cats Go BOO

Rainbow Fern Hi