Witches, Pumpkins, and Cats Go BOO

Hello!! I’m so happy you have stopped by. Today I am sharing a fun Halloween-themed project featuring the Little Witch Agenda from Mama Elephant. I am entering this project in the #MamaElephant2021GDCall. 



I started by creating the sky using the MFT cloud stencil with Distress ink Shaded Lilac and trimmed them down to fit inside the clear boxes. Then I stamped out the little witches and pumpkins with cats and colored them in with Copic markers. I kept the Copic coloring simple and used only 2-3 colors for shading some of the images. Finally, I used the matching die cuts to cut out the witches and pumpkins with cats.





To create the hills and floor, I chose some pattern paper from my stash and used the hill border die from Lawn Fawn to cut them out. To give them some depth, I ink blended various Distress Ink colors on the cutouts. The last item I prepped was the letters to spell out BOO. I coated the letters with two coats of Black Soot Distress paint paying attention to the coat the insides of the letters as well as the outside.


Next, it was time to assemble the three screens; the longest and extra fun part. I decided to cut out the witches and cats a second time in white card to hide the ink bleed through and to give them a little more stability in the scene. The witches on brooms are adhered to the bottom of the box on a skinny piece of acetate to make them appear to be flying.


It was so much fun putting this little project together! I think this would be fun to re-create in an IDEA-ology display dome with other images. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Crafting!!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

Mama Elephant: Little Witch Agenda and Dies

My Favorite Things: Cloud Stencil

Distress Ink: Shadded Lilac, Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness

IDEA-Ology Typography Findings 

Distress Paint: Black Soot

Comments

  1. Wow! I love this project! It's such a cute Halloween decoration :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Time Fun

Rainbow Fern Hi