Leafy Rainbow Love

Hello there! Today I am sharing a fun rainbow-inspired slimline card. This little Leafy Square die is such a fun little die. It is what I like to call a sleeper die; you kind of forget it is there but then it just shines the second you take you out!


This idea actually came to me after playing around with a couple of the die cuts already cut from a previous project. I was trying to stack the leaves but they got stuck and then: IDEA! Why not purposely nest the leafy squares into each other and why not make it a rainbow?  So, I chose some color card stock from my Concord & 9th stash and cut out my leafy rainbow. Next, I began to nest the leafy squares together in rainbow order. I used a strong liquid glue along the overlapping sections of the leafy squares to keep them together while I got the card base ready. 



To prepare the card base, I cut down a white piece of cardstock to 8.5 in tall by 7 in wide then I scored and folded it at 3.5 in. Then, I cut a stitched and scalloped slimline die from Trinty Stamps out of black cardstock. Next, I adhered my leafy rainbow with some foam tape to the black scallop cardstock and finally, I added the panel to the card base with some more foam tape. To finish off the card, I scattered some rainbow-colored embellishments and iridescence-colored flower sequins. 


This really was a lot of fun to create! Rainbows are so fun even as leafy squares instead of arches. I hope you give this idea a try with a sleeper die in your stash.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

Simon Says Stamp: Leafy Die; Just Because (Word Mix 2)

Concord & 9th: Various color cardstock

Studio Katia: Various color gems and flower sequins


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Fern Hi

Summer Time Fun

Shaker Fun With Alcohol Inks