Mixed Media: Fairy Hope

Hello there! Today I am sharing a simple mixed media tag that measures 4 ¾ inches tall by 2 ⅜ inches wide. I am not sure what kind of paper it is and think it might be a Dina Wakley mixed media tag. Either way, it has a smooth finish and is thick enough for paint and water! 

I started off by adding some Dina Wakley paint, Night and Rosy, to my palette and a ton of water to my ¾ flat brush. Then the fun began!  I simply dipped the brush in the Night paint and used a zig-zag motion from top to bottom. Next I took the Dina Wakley stencil Branches and painted Rosy through the negative long steam branch. 

Then, I selected some elements to create a focal point by rummaging through my box of die cuts and images that had not made it to a final project. I selected a fun Spellbinders rose die cut from some Tonic Studio specialty paper, another Spellbinders branch die cut from some pattern paper, and a colored fairy from a Hero Arts MMH kit. I took a few minutes deciding the best placement for the chosen elements and then glued them in place with some liquid glue.

To finish the tag, I picked out a simple word, Hope, stamped and cut from the Waffle Flower Label Sentiment set. I also added some black splatters with Black Soot Distress paint and Turkish Rose Nuvo mica spray, and finally inked the edges with black soot Distress Ink.

Hope you enjoyed seeing how some unused finished die cuts became a focal point of a little tag. Let me know what you do with unused finished elements in the comments. I’d love to know.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

Hero Arts: My Monthly Hero August 2016 kit

Waffle Flower: Label Sentiment stamp set

Spellbinders: Large Die of the Month June 2018, Small Die of the Month July 2018

Dina Wakley: Branches stencil, Night and Rosy acrylic paint

Distress: Black Soot paint and ink

Nuvo Mica Spray: Turkish Rose



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Fern Hi

Summer Time Fun

Shaker Fun With Alcohol Inks