Colorful Hello Frame

Hi there! Today I’m sharing two cards using the same stamp set and same basic design. It’s great to create two cards at once especially when all the supplies are out. In this case, I fell in love with the colors of the ink blending and just had to create two cards. So, let’s get started!

To start, I inked up the STAMPtember Avery Elle Holiday Wishes Frame with some Versamark and stamped it in the center of the white panels. Next, I added some Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder and then heat set with a heat gun. Now we are ready for the ink blending! I took Crackling Campfire, Picked Raspberry, and Seedless Preserve Distress Oxide inks and blended them on the panels. One panel is blended from top to bottom and the other is blended left to right to give me one portrait and one landscape panel. I really love to ink blend over white embossing because it is so fun to see the image pop against the colors! I wanted the two panels to be a little more different, so I misted the landscape panel with some Nuvo Mica spray in Turkish Rose. It’s difficult to capture the mica shimmer in pictures but it is a fun subtle shimmer on the background. 



Once the panels were dried, I die-cut them using the stitched rectangle die from the Gina K Master Layouts 2 set. This set gives a nice little stitched edge and it has a matching die to give the stitched panel a perfect mat with a ⅛ inch border. I used that matching die and die-cut some holographic paper for the mat. I also die-cut the “hello” and “hi” from the middle of that mat because it would be covered up by the stitched panel. 



Now, it’s time to assemble the cards! This part was super simple as it was just stacking the panels together and adding the “hello” and “hi” to the middle of the frames. The finishing touches were a scattering of snowflakes and iridescent sequins from Trinity Stamps and Studio Katia, respectively.


I think I enjoyed the ink blending the most when creating these cards! I actually created two other cards using this ink blending combination that I’ll be sharing soon. Do you have a favorite part when creating a project, too? Do you also try to create more than one card at a time? Let me know in the comments below,I would love to know!


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

STAMPtember: Avery Elle Holiday Wishes Frame, W Plus 9 Hi die

Lawn Fawn: Outside In Stitched Speech Bubbles

Distressed Oxide: Cracklinkg Campfire, Picked Rassberry, Seedless Preserve

Nuvo Mica Spray: Turkish Rose

Gina K Designs: Master Layouts 2

Trinity Stamps: Vanilla Sugar Snowflakes 

Studio Katia: Iridescent sequins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Fern Hi

Summer Time Fun

Shaker Fun With Alcohol Inks