Shaker Fun With Alcohol Inks

 Hello! I’m so glad you stopped by. Today I’m sharing a fun shaker card using a background created with alcohol inks. 

I had purchased a ton of alcohol inks from Ranger Ink and decided it was time to experiment. I took one crafty afternoon and made a ton of backgrounds on different substrates. I just love all the different color values from just one or two colors. The alcohol ink blending solution is a great way to achieve this look. I used so much of the blending solution that I had to go out and buy the bigger bottle. LoL ðŸ˜‚  Some of the different papers I used was classic Yupo, translucent Yupo, and sparkle Yupo. Each paper gave me different results from the same colors. The sparkle Yupo adds fun texture to the background. The translucent Yupo would be fun to illuminate with a battery operated candle or tiny lights. The card’s background was created on classic Yupo.

I wanted to make sure this background would shine and decided on creating a shaker card. I used some rectangle dies to create the shaker walls instead of doubling up foam tape. I applied an acetate panel on layer one of the shaker wall. Then I adhered the remaining frames to create the shaker walls; I think I used about 5 card layers here. I then rummaged through my stash for shaker bits and picked out about 3 or 4 mixes. I chose teal, clear and iridescent sequins along with some clear beads and gems. The hard part was determining how much of each to add to the shaker. I think I choose a good amount! After adding the shaker bits, I adhered the inked background to the shaker walls to seal up the shaker panel. 

I then added the panel to an A2 side folding note card. The front looked a little bit plain and I was struggling with a sentiment. So, I decided to add a simple flower to the front and chose the Floral Bundle from Simon Says Stamp. I decided to kept the flower petals inlayed on the flowers, also. I think it added some needed resting places for the eye. 

This shaker card was a lot of fun to create and I still have some fun backgrounds for future projects. What do think? Do you like creating shaker or interactive cards and/or projects? Please leave a comment and let me know!


I hope you are inspired to create with some alcohol inks or any inks from your stash! Please tag me on Instagram if you share a project inspired from this project: @unifantasy07.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

~ Kathren-Ann


Products Used:

Simon Says Stamp: Bundled Floral die

Ranger Ink: Yupo paper, Patina and Stream Alcohol inks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Fern Hi

Summer Time Fun